- Use lukewarm or at room temperature spring or mineral* water. Avoid using cold or hot water you may feel a burning sensation.
- You can warm the solution in bottle by gradually heating in a microwave oven by increments of 5 seconds. Only the bottle is designed for microwave oven use: no other part of the device may be placed in a microwave oven.
- Keep your mouth open during use: soft palate will seal the throat preventing passage of solution into the throat. Apart from a salty taste, which can be unpleasant, swallowing the solution is completely safe.
- Adjust the tilt of your head to facilitate the flow of the solution from one nostril to another. Even if the solution does not pass from one nostril to the other, nasal irrigation is effective.
- Do not replace RESPIMER Netiflow sachets, produced especially for nasal irrigation, with « home-made » salt formulas containing cooking salts, which are liable to contain impurities or anticaking agents
- Do not perform nasal irrigation with spring or mineral* water without the addition of 1 or 2 RESPIMER Netiflow sachets (according to the desired dosage).
- Do not substitute any part of device
- Use sachet immediately after opening. To prevent incorrect dosage do not reuse an already open sachet
- Use one device per person
- Perform irrigation at least 1 hour before going out in the cold (risk of rhinitis)
- In case of acute illness (cold, temporary sinusitis or rhinosinusitis), if symptoms persist for more than 10 days, please consult your doctor
Do not use:
- If your nose is completely blocked or you are suffering from severe nosebleed
- If you have an ear infection such as otitis, a build-up of earwax or have recently undergone ear surgery
- If you have difficulties in keeping your balance.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- Do not use the sachets after the expiry date
- Do not use if the packaging has lost its original appearance